2.10.06

Tsinoy: Home but not quite


A part of a collage i am making, after being away from school for a long time,it feels strange to do projects and presentations for a tutor or a class. But being a professional for quite a time gave me an edge. Planning,and the actuality of doing is not very hard anymore.This is part of my "eskenita series"


Just for the fun of it, I made my "identity" with paper mache. This would be my signature til the end of the school year.It looks simple but it's not. This is as big as my head. I have to make a small sculpture in clay then I made a mold in plaster then preparation for the paper mache.


i casted my hands and my feet..this will be part of my main piece


another shot of my slums...it's a big one....but yes, i am having fun.


Time flies fast,it's time for our end of theme presentation.....I am already here for a month. Learning a lot and bursting with ideas as well. Can't wait to nail the next project in MAnila.

let me see....the theme for our presentation is the "Tower of Babel" and my identity. I never really thought much about my "identity".... until now. Funny as it sounds, it seems like i'm just learning about it. Am I more Chinese than Filipino? Can I be called a true blooded "filipino" even if I am raised as a chinese? I find it interesting though,because i realized that you have to be able to know where you came from and what/who your roots are to be able to love and be proud of your heritage and identity.

The title of my work is: Tsinoy in the Philippines; Home,but not quite


No comments: