3.5.06

Eulogy for my best friend

Eisselle is a fighter,a dreamer,an artist. She is my partner,my sister and my best friend. She is my source of encouragement and my source of strength. She may be small but she is my all time defender. She taught me the importance of living and to face life's challenges bravely. In fact she treats her illness as a challenge rather than a threat.

Her simplicity made her a very special person. She finds joy in small things. Like a text from a friend,a hug from her brother or make-up sessions with her sisters. She has a great smile. A smile that touches the hearts of everyone, even the people she just met or hardly knows.

2 years ago, when my cousin passed away,we had the chance to talk seriously about life. She told me that she was living her life one day at a time,being sickly herself at that time. She told me that by being strong and brave for her family,everyhting would be okay. These conversations would not last long though,she would switch them most of the time to family stories. About her parents,her mom being an energizer bunny,her dad's favorite sports; swimming-a term she uses for mahjong,the seriousness of johans,the sweetness of Howard,despite being the biggest in the family and of course her favorite louie.She likes telling stories about her sisters and how "kikay" they have become. She loves talking about other friends,cousins and even about their helpers. She always brings out the best in everyone.

For 20 years she was my pillar and my partner.Now that she is gone,I feel half of my life has gone with her. But i am very thankful that she passed away peacefully and happy. As I go on the journey of my life,I always know that Eisselle will still be with me. My defender,my partner and my best friend forever

The sweet memories that she has woven into my life will live on and continue to touch lives- mine and others...Eise til we meet again! I miss you!

It's been 1 yr and 9 months since my bestfriend passed away....since I read this eulogy before she was burried. Life has to go on without her,I truly miss her but i know that she's just there watching over me. Makes me see that death is not something to be scared about,but something to look forward to. It's about living life to the fullest and being the best that you can be.


No comments: