22.8.09

bulilit flat

facade,new extension

entrance


kitchen area

kit area,raw

kit area,constructing

facade,extension


Even since we started the wedding planning, Jong and I always talked about our ideal "home". This is one of our major concerns. It did not take us a long time to reach our decision but the process was very spicy. It added a bit more character and "umph" to our small abode. I call it our "bulilit" flat. Technically it is a 1 bedroom unit in the penthouse of Jong's family building.

It is "officially" our 1st investment. We used our own savings to revamp this place. It is not cheap, being a designer, I am not willing to settle for less. :) But it does not mean Italian kitchen and fixtures (this is only for clients..hehe), it means, trips to swapmeet and bangkal fleamarket, e-bay finds and a lot of house tours to aunts and friend's houses looking around if I can score on some mid century furniture pieces.

I am currently finishing my furniture specifications. Just found the right dining table. Kitchen and closet will be installed mid of Sept. It is very exciting. Tight budget even makes it more interesting.
At the end of the day, the simple girl that I always am, is so happy and thanking God for all the blessings he had given me.







1 comment:

gracie loo said...

NICE place Achi Janah. It's Grace by the way in case you're wondering who this creeper is lurking on your blog). I can't wait to see the finished results of your bullilit flat - will definitely have to fly over there soon!

Hope the wedding planning is going well :)