3.7.08

just thoughts

Yesterday was spent visiting job sites and finishing some details for turnover. As my day went by,i had a this conversations with my workers. We talked about clients and the major complaint of how long the job site is progressing. We have been very strict with the quality of workmanship therefore,time is really a factor,since we do not allow wishy washy work. Oh well,since clients are always right, takes a lot of energy to voice out what we are really trying to achieve.

My head worker just had a new baby,the 5th.My master painter has 7 kids. Wow! They work their ass off for 500 pesos a day,(not bad,higher than blue collar jobs) and feed a family of 6-8 people. This opens me to the reality of life. The daily struggles one has overcome and the challenges life brings. It's not as simple as it sounds. I help them raise their family because of my clients. Makes me happy to think that one way or the other I help in bringing food on their table. One factor that keeps me pushing and challenging myself in dealing with different "forms" of clients.

hhhoohummm....in a different note, i have been blank for the past 4 days. I cannot seem to put my design concept in order.it's starting to stress my brains out a bit.

Then again,it's almost weekend,next week might be more enlightening.

Looking forward to a lovely dinner with J this weekend.:)

No comments: